Effective May 2020
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Mailing address
- Contact information, including e-mail address and telephone number
- Other types of personal information that you voluntarily provide to us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the personal information we collect from you when you fill in forms or correspond with us by mail, phone, and e-mail, submit questions, purchase products, or consent to receive marketing or promotional communications from Verity. In addition, we may also use your personal information for internal record-keeping purposes, to provide customer service and respond to requests or inquiries, to further develop and improve our products and services, to provide you with newsletters, articles, alerts, announcements, invitations, and other information about products, brands, health topics and disease states or to conduct market research.
We take measures to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate and up-to-date and that you have the ability to access it and make corrections to it consistent with applicable law (see the "Contact Us" section below to request any amendments to your personal information to which you may be legally entitled).
Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Third Parties?
In general, personal information about you that is collected from this Website will not be transferred outside Verity without your prior consent. However, it may be used by our agents, affiliates and third-party service providers and business partners for purposes that include assisting us in operating our website, running our business, or providing services to you, provided that they keep your personal information confidential.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with a regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, government request, or legal process service on us, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public, Verity, or others.
We will not sell or rent your personal information without your express consent.
How Do I Opt-Out/Unsubscribe?
When you access any service on the Website that collects your personal information, you will be asked to affirmatively choose to provide the requested personal information. You may always choose not to provide the requested personal information or to opt-out of, or unsubscribe from, any communications as appropriate.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you communications at any time by following the opt-out links on any message sent to you. Where you opt-out of receiving these communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, experience or other transaction, warranty, adverse event or product complaint.
Links to Third Party Websites
How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have implemented a variety of security measures, including, but not limited to, securing our networks and utilizing industry standard encryption technology to safeguard your information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. While most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, if you do not wish to have cookies on your system, you can set your browser preferences to reject them or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The "Help" section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost.
"Do Not Track" Signals
Verity does not track its customers to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to "Do Not Track" (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they provide content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. Please note that some browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen.
Verity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
850 Bear Tavern Road, Suite 108
Ewing NJ 08628
VERITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
Effective May 2020
If you reside in California, please read this section for additional disclosures about how we collect, use, and disclose information about you as well as your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or device (“Personal Information").
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- Health or medical information collected by entities directly subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We have not collected any of the following categories of Personal Information within the last twelve (12) months; however in the future, Verity may collect:
- Identifiers such as first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, Social Security number, date of birth and gender or other similar identifiers;
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) such as address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, bank account, and payroll data;
- Internet or other electronic network activities information such browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or intranet, as well as information about how you use our website;
- Education or employment information of the professionals with whom we engage, including current or past job history; level of education, institutions attended, level of study and degrees attained, areas of specialty, and certifications;
- Characteristics of protected classifications such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, veteran or military status, and genetic information (including familial genetic information);
- Biometric information such as physical and behavioral characteristics and health information that you choose to provide related to a patient assistance or support program or a clinical trial that contains identifying information; and
- Commercial information related to services, treatment or care, such as insurance information, and marketing and communications data, including your preferences in receiving marketing and communications from us and our third parties.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may obtain the Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, your caregiver or agent
- Indirectly from you or your caregivers or agents (i.e., in the course of providing services)
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites (for example, from submissions through our websites or from website usage details collected automatically)
- From third parties in connection with the provision of services
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the last 12 months, we have not disclosed any categories of your Personal Information identified under "Information We Collect" for a business purpose.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers (i.e., California residents) with specific rights (listed below and subsequently referred to as "California Privacy Rights"), subject to some limitations and the verification of their identity, regarding their Personal Information:
- Consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information Verity has collected, disclosed or sold about them in the last 12 months, including the categories of information, sources and business purposes of collection, as well as the categories of third parties to whom Verity has disclosed or shared the personal information.
- Consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions).
- Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
- Consumers have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights under the CCPA.
- In order for Verity to process a request for you to exercise your California Privacy Rights, Verity will first verify certain personal information that you provide, depending on the nature of the information you require, which we will attempt to match with information we maintain about you to verify your identity. Information to identify and verify your agent can be submitted through the same mechanism and at the same time that you submit information to verify your identity. Please submit your requests by contacting us at this toll-free number: 877-433-8068 or by using the “Exercise Your California Privacy Rights” interactive web form, available here: Contact Us.
- You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your California Privacy Rights on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA. Verity may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and that the authorized agent verify his or her identity directly with us. Information to identify and verify your agent can be submitted through the same mechanism and at the same time that you submit information to verify your identity.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
When you submit a request to exercise your California Privacy Rights, Verity will do its best to respond to your request as soon as possible, and, in any event, no later than 45 days after receiving your request. You may only make a request twice within a 12-month calendar year.